We specialize in analyzing and structuring complex sale-leaseback transactions. The transactions below provide an overview of the breadth of our experience, whether by property type, transaction size, location or credit quality:
- Retail & distribution portfolio / public company: We arranged a $71 million sale-leaseback of a portfolio of 11 PetSmart retail stores and a distribution center.
- Cold storage distribution center / large single asset transaction: We arranged a $51 million sale-leaseback for a cold storage distribution center in Tulsa, Oklahoma for Fleming Companies (now C&S Wholesale Grocers).
- Car washes / private company / consolidation transaction: We arranged a $25 million transaction with NASCAR Car Wash including a sale-leaseback of five stores, a leasehold mortgage on a ground-leased store, a bridge loan and an equity raise, allowing for a six-store NewCo consolidation.
- Athletic clubs / secondary market / private company: We arranged a $22.5 million sale-leaseback for a portfolio of Courthouse Athletic Clubs in Salem, Oregon.
- Corporate headquarters / private company / international transaction: We arranged a $20.8 million sale-leaseback of a corporate headquarters building in suburban Chicago and a warehouse in the United Kingdom for a privately-held retail services company.
- Manufacturing / difficult financing environment: We arranged a $10.5 million sale-leaseback of two manufacturing facilities for a family-owned business in Chicago that closed on-time during the week of Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy and the Federal government’s takeover of AIG.
- Federal courthouse / bond refinancing: We arranged a $9.1 million bond refinancing for a federal courthouse in Des Moines, Iowa that is 100% leased to the General Services Administration.
- Manufacturing / acquisition financing / private equity-backed company: We arranged a $9.1 million sale-leaseback of a mattress manufacturing facility in Tampa, Florida for Spring Air Company, an H.I.G. Capital portfolio company, to help finance an add-on acquisition.
- Manufacturing portfolio / out of favor industry: We arranged a $5.6 million sale-leaseback for a portfolio of manufacturing facilities with auto-parts maker Collins & Aikman before the company entered bankruptcy.
- Automotive retail portfolio / tertiary markets / private company: We arranged $5.5 million of build-to-suit and sale-leaseback transactions with The Kent Companies for a convenience store and quick lube in Odessa, Texas and a truck stop in Alamogordo, New Mexico.
- Medical office / secondary market / private company: We arranged a $5.5 million sale-leaseback for the medical offices of the privately held Valley Diagnostic Clinic in Harlingen, Texas.
- Food processing facility / expansion financing / tertiary market: We arranged a $4.25 million sale-leaseback to finance the expansion of a private frozen foods manufacturer into a second and much larger facility located in rural Connecticut.
- Bank branch / build-to-suit / ground-leased property: We financed and developed a build-to-suit/leaseback of a Chase Bank branch in Phoenix, Arizona on a leasehold interest in the land.
- Skilled nursing facility / acquisition financing / private equity-backed company: We arranged a $2.5 million sale-leaseback of a new substance abuse treatment facility in St. Paul, Minnesota for Meridian Behavioral Health, a Triton Pacific portfolio company.